Later this month I’ll be releasing a new book, Advanced Game Design & Programming In GameMaker Studio 2.
This book is a continuation of Introduction To Game Design & Programming
I’m expecting this to be my best book yet. It will cover 40 advanced topics such as:
- Saving & Loading Data Structures
- Partical Effects
- Advanced Path Finding
- Basic Shaders
- Queued Message System
- Adjusting For Different Screen Resolutions
- Setting Up and Using Physics
- User Created Level Design
- Using The Debugger
- Advanced Health Bars
- Using Tiles To Create a Level Layout
- Positional Audio
- Adding Gamepad Support
- Exporting To Different Platforms
- Room Transitions Using Surfaces
- Using Hit Boxes In Fighting Games
- Camera Control
- Using The Marketplace (Buying & Selling)
- + Lots More!!
All resources and example projects are included.
As with all my books, you’re free to reuse code in your own projects – both free and paid.